BREAKING: Officials investigating after Wildomar deputy’s window shattered

Numerous deputies have surrounded the area of Palomar Street and Shay Lane, after a deputy’s window was shattered for undisclosed reasons. Maria Lupe Wright / Wildomar Facebook photo

WILDOMAR – Numerous deputies are on scene conducting an investigation in the area of Palomar Street and Shay Lane after the window of a deputy’s patrol vehicle was shattered for an undisclosed reason, according to Riverside Sheriff’s Public Information Officer Deputy Armando Munoz.

The incident began at about 3:20 p.m. when a deputy – who is assigned to the Riverside County Sheriff’s Wildomar Police Station – put out a radio call for assistance after his window was shattered while driving along Palomar Street past Shay Lane, near the Roundup Liquor Store in Wildomar.

“The deputy was not injured,” Munoz explained. However, “He was transported to a local area hospital as a precautionary measure.”

In the three hours since the reported initial incident, deputies from all surrounding sheriff’s stations flooded into the area to assist in the investigation to determine how the deputy’s window was shattered.

Munoz would not speculate whether the deputy’s window was shot out or if it had shattered by some other means, saying, “That is part of the department’s ongoing investigation.”

First one, then a second sheriff's helicopter have spent more than 3 hours circling a residence on Shay Street. Maria Lupe Wright / Wildomar FB photo

First one, then a second sheriff’s helicopter have spent more than 3 hours circling a residence on Shay Street. Maria Lupe Wright / Wildomar FB photo

However, as of 6:30 p.m., countless deputies from numerous surrounding stations were still on scene investigating the incident. During the ongoing investigation first one, then a second of Riverside County’s Aviation helicopters circled overhead a residence on Shay Street for three full hours.

“Sheriff’s deputies have been sent to the area to search for any possible suspect and to try to determine what caused the deputy’s window to shatter,” Munoz said in a telephone interview.

All streets in the surrounding area have been closed to through traffic while deputies conduct their investigation.

As of 6:30 p.m. more than three hours after the investigation began, this was still an active and ongoing investigation.


This is a breaking story. Updates will be provided as they become available.


Contact the writer:

trevor main

Leave a Reply