Bacon & Egg Hash Brown Nests by TipHero
Bacon & Egg Hash Brown Nests
Hash Brown nests are a fun and easy way to batch cook breakfast. Customize them any way you want with eggs, spinach, ham, tomatoes, bacon, your favorite melting cheese, the options are endless. I typically bake a batch on Sundays to enjoy throughout the week. Check out the video below to see how easy they are to whip up:
Ingredients For Hash Brown Nests
- 20 oz bag refrigerated shredded hash browns
- 4 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- pinch ground black pepper
1. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray. Spray generously to keep the cheese from sticking. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until combined.
3. Scoop about 1/3 cup of the hash brown mix into each muffin tin. Press the hash browns down into the tin and up the sides. Let it come up over the top a little bit, as
they will shrink down once baked.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.
- 6 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream or half and half
- pinch of kosher salt and ground pepper
- ½ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (or melting cheese of your choice)
- 1 packed cup of chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 1. Scramble the eggs together with the cream and salt and pepper in a large measuring cup with a spout.
- 2. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the muffin tins, filling each about ¾ of the way full.
- 3. Sprinkle on a handful of bacon, then spinach, then top with the cheese.
- 4. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the egg is no longer runny in the middle.
Contact the writer: email@example.com
For more fun and unique recipes and helpful tips, visit: