It’s been a while since I’ve made these…and then I realized, even though you may have seen them before, I’ve never blogged about them. Plus, I’ve made a couple changes to the originals.
It all started when I found (orange!) candy-coated sunflower seeds at Tj-Maxx/HomeGoods. Immediately I thought – noses, as carrots for snowmen! Just what any normal person would think if they came across these, right!?
Well anyways, I highly suggest you go buy yourself a pack o’ Nutter Butters, some Candiquik and fancy sprinkles. Because these guys are too cute.
Begin by melting Vanilla Candiquik in the tray according to package directions.
Dip Nutter Butter cookies in the coating and place on wax paper.
Before the coating has set, press 1 coated sunflower seed as the nose and 3 confetti sprinkles as buttons; let set.Once the coating is completely dry, use the edible marker to draw eyes and smile (or smirk, grin, “O”, etc.).
Using cake writing icing to pipe on hat.
Done and done!
- 1 package (16 oz) Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
- 24 Nutter Butter® cookies
- Confetti sprinkles
- Orange chocolate-coated sunflower seeds
- Black edible marker (ex: Americolor Gourmet Writer™)
- Decorative cake writing icing
- Melt Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to directions on package.
- Dip cookies in melted CANDIQUIK® and place on wax paper.
- Press (3) round confetti sprinkles as buttons and (1) orange coated sunflower seed as the nose.
- Once dry, create faces with edible marker and hats with decorative icings.
Contact the writer: email@example.com