Breakfast With Bubbie: Mama’s Christmas Tea
Written by Robin “Bubbie” Montgomery
For: Valley News
With the holidays quickly approaching and the economy being what it is, handmade gifts are on the rise.
That being said, one of my most requested handmade gifts is my Mama’s Christmas Tea.
Mama’s Christmas Tea is a mixture of instant iced tea, Tang and spices.
Served cold, it’s like refreshing orangeade. Served hot, it warms you to your toes.
Additionally, Mama’s Christmas Tea is soothing for sore throats. It also helps stave off colds and is a great morning pick-me-up, because it’s packed with Vitamin C.
- 1/2 cup instant iced-tea powder
- 1 cup Tang mix
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large bowl, combine the tea, Tang, cinnamon and cloves.
- Sift well.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to make.
- When ready to drink, stir into hot or cold water by the tablespoon to taste.
Contact the writer: Robin.email@example.com
Brought to you by: