Riverside PD Recent Police Activity And Arrests
POLICE ACTIVITY FROM OVER THE WEEKEND
• Friday afternoon, officers were dispatch to a call of a stolen vehicle in the area of Jurupa Avenue and Florence Street. The reporting party was an upholstery shop owner who reported a subject just stole a customer’s Maserati. He was following the stolen car and was reporting its location to Dispatch. Officers caught up to the vehicle on Van Buren Boulevard, north of the city limits. They followed the vehicle to the 60 freeway until assisting units arrived. They attempted to stop the vehicle and a slow speed vehicle pursuit ensued as the vehicle entered the freeway. The pursuit ended a short distance later on the 15 freeway near Jurupa Avenue. The driver, who was a parolee at large, was arrested and booked into a local jail.
• Friday afternoon, officers responded to Van Buren Boulevard and Lincoln Avenue regarding an injury traffic collision. Through their investigation they found the driver, who caused the collision, was driving under the influence of an alcoholic beverage. The injured parties complained of head and neck pain. The suspect was arrested and later booked into a local jail.
• Friday afternoon, officers contacted several subjects in the 11000 Block if La Sierra Avenue. During the contact they learned one of the subjects had a felony warrant for his arrest. When officers went to arrest the suspect, he jumped up from the curb and ran across Magnolia Avenue in an attempt to get away. The officers quickly caught him and took him into custody. He was booked into a local jail for his outstanding warrants.
• Early Saturday morning, officers were conducting a pedestrian check in the area of Fourteenth Street and Forest Street. While on the stop they heard gunshots coming from the east of their location. Assisting officers responded to assist and were met with gunfire. Additional officers responded to assist and began to search for the suspect. During the search, officers located the suspect in the area of Cottage Street and Howard Avenue, at which time an officer involved shooting occurred. The suspect was taken into custody and transported to a local hospital for medical treatment. No officers were injured during the incident and the investigation is currently on-going.
• Saturday afternoon, several officers responded to Fairmount Park to assist the Riverside Fire Department with a large fire in the river bottom. The fire made its way to the roadway at Dexter Drive next to the bike path and the American Legion Hall. Officers were able to clear the park of all patrons for their safety. The entrances to the park were closed allowing The Riverside Fire Department, Cal Fire, and Corona Fire Department to fight the fire.
• Saturday afternoon, officers responded to Primer Street and Columbia Avenue reference a subject that was stabbed with a knife. Officers detained a subject matching the description of the suspect. Several witnesses positively identified the subject who was detained as the suspect in the stabbing. The suspect was arrested and booked into a local jail.
• Sunday afternoon, officers were in the area of Sycamore Canyon Boulevard and Box Springs Road when they attempted to stop a vehicle for vehicle code violations. The vehicle sped away and drove around the area attempting to avoid the officers. The suspect vehicle attempted a U-turn in front of Raceway Ford when it lost control and hit the sidewalk. The suspect exited the vehicle and fled on foot. After a short foot pursuit officers were able to take the suspect into custody. The suspect was booked into a local jail.
Source: Riverside Police Department Facebook
Contact the writer: firstname.lastname@example.org